The traditional electricity grid is undergoing a radical transformation, thanks to the Internet of Things (IoT). The IoT Smart Energy Grid aims to provide a robust, efficient, and intelligent system for energy management. This article delves into the architecture, features, and benefits of this next-generation energy grid.
The IoT Smart Energy Grid is built around an ATmega microcontroller, which serves as the brain of the system. It uses Wi-Fi technology to communicate over the internet and is equipped with various hardware components such as:
- Current Sensor: Monitors the flow of electricity.
- Energy Meter: Measures energy consumption.
- Wi-Fi Module: Enables internet connectivity.
- LCD Display: Provides real-time updates and notifications.
- Grid Monitoring: The system constantly monitors the health of the energy grid. In case of a failure, it automatically switches to an alternate grid, ensuring uninterrupted power supply.
- Energy Consumption Tracking: The grid keeps track of energy consumption and updates this data on the IOTGecko webpage.
- Theft Detection: The system can detect unauthorized usage of electricity and alert authorities via the IoT interface.
- Uninterrupted Power Supply: The system’s ability to switch to an alternate grid ensures continuous electricity supply.
- Real-time Monitoring: Authorities can log in to the IOTGecko webpage to view real-time updates on grid status and energy consumption.
- Theft Prevention: The system’s advanced capabilities can detect and prevent electricity theft, saving energy producers from unnecessary losses.
- IOTGecko: The IoT platform used for monitoring and control.
- Arduino Compiler: Used for programming the ATmega microcontroller.
- MC Programming Language: C
The IoT Smart Energy Grid is a revolutionary step in the field of energy management. Its smart capabilities not only ensure an uninterrupted power supply but also provide valuable data on energy consumption and theft, making it an indispensable tool for energy producers.
In order to download the PDF, You must follow on Zomato. Once done, Click on SubmitFollow On Zomato
Subscribed? Click on Confirm