The scarcity of fresh water is a growing concern, affecting billions of people worldwide. While 71% of the Earth’s surface is covered with water, only 3% is fresh, and two-thirds of that is locked away in glaciers. To address this issue, we introduce a solar-powered seawater desalination machine equipped with Reverse Osmosis (RO) and UV purification. This innovative device not only desalinates sea water but also purifies it, making it safe for consumption.
- Fast Water Desalination: Quickly converts salty seawater into fresh water.
- RO System: Utilizes reverse osmosis for instant purification, effectively removing salt and other contaminants.
- UV Sterilization: An added UV layer kills bacteria and viruses, ensuring the water is safe to drink.
- Compact and Portable Design: Easy to move and ideal for beachfronts or long sea voyages.
- Solar-Powered: Operates on solar energy, making it eco-friendly and reducing operational costs.
- Easy Maintenance: Designed for hassle-free upkeep.
How It Works
Stage 1: Initial Filtration
The machine features a mesh-based inlet where users can pour salty water. This initial stage separates large waste materials like plastic granules, stones, and weeds. The water then moves into a purification chamber containing layers of sand and gravel, which filter out larger salt particles and other debris.
Stage 2: Reverse Osmosis
The partially purified water is then subjected to a reverse osmosis process. Here, three filtration membranes effectively separate fresh water from the salty water, trapping salt particles in the membrane filters.
Stage 3: UV Sterilization
The purified water is stored in a tank above the system. When the tap is opened, a UV light activates to sterilize the water, deactivating any remaining bacteria and viruses.
The machine operates on a large battery, charged by two 50-watt solar panels. This solar water purification feature makes the system highly portable and ideal for areas with abundant solar energy.
- Solar Panels
- Water Tank
- Stage 1 Purifier Vessel
- Water Pumps
- Electrical Circuitry
- UV Tube
- Membrane Filters
- Steel Tap
- Steel Handle
- Pipe Fittings
- And more…
The approximate dimensions of the machine are 650 x 400 x 550 mm (L x W x H).
In order to download the PDF, You must follow on Youtube. Once done, Click on SubmitFollow On Youtube
Subscribed? Click on Confirm