A Report On Exhibition Organized On All Source Documents In Your College goes in detail about the documents.
An original record of any transaction made is known as a source document. It is also known as the business paper. It is evidence of the detailed list of transactions made. It is given in a physical or electronic method.
For example, checks, sales receipts, purchase orders, invoices, account statements, time cards, loan slips, etc.
Every source document includes these basic things,
- The amount: sub-total, total
- Description of transaction
- Suppliers name
- Customers name
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES :
This project aims to have a clear and detailed report on an exhibition of source documents in college.
- To get comprehensive information on Source documents.
- To know all the different types of source documents used.
- To know the importance of source document in any business
- To understand the role of various source documents in various departments of the business/firm.
METHOD AND METHODOLOGY :
The method used to make a detailed report is to gather all the information on source documents with the help of the internet. Various sites helped in gathering information on this particular project, which helped in making an appropriate report on source documents. The best way to gather information now a day is the internet, as it has intensive storage of information on any topic. Conducting research on
the internet about this project; lead us to proper and appropriate information about source documents.
The Following are the questions that give us an in-depth knowledge of source documents:
Firstly, what are the source documents?
Secondly, the importance of source documents in any business.
Thirdly, what are the various types of source documents?
Lastly, how source documents help in any business/firm?
This is the common way of making a report. The method used in this report is the basic where information is gathered around these four major points given above.
DETAIL REPORT OF PROJECT :
What are the source documents?
The original record of a transaction is called the source document. Source documents are usually used for an internal purpose in an organization. A few examples of source document namely are checks, invoices, sales receipt, purchase orders, etc
The source documents are also known as business papers. These documents help in the accounting department of any business or firm.
These source documents are used to record various business transactions in the physical or electronic document. These documents are used to track the accounting details and transactions in a business.
Importance of source documents:
The source document helps in recording proper exact transaction details. This helps any business in financial analysis. All the source documents cumulate to form a financial statement that is extremely important to any business or organization. Every financial transaction made by a company creates a paper trail that helps to keep tracks in case of incorrect data or misuse of finance etc. In any company, the major focus is on finance. There should be no mistakes in any financial analysis, and all the financial transactions should be accounted for. Source documents do the job easy. It helps in the bookkeeping and accounting process. They majorly help in the auditing process of a company. Source documents help auditor’s analysis of the financial report of a company is legit or fraud.
Various types and examples of Source documents:
- Quotations: It’s an official paper given to a customer by the company stating the fixed price of a product or service.
- Purchase orders: It’s a type of documentation stating the detailed goods or services one wishes to purchase.
- Sales orders: It’s a type of document that gives detailed information on the orders placed by customers. It’s a record of that sale in a sequential number to help the company keep track of it.
- Goods received a note: It’s a document of goods that are delivered by the company to the customer. A customer makes this document to keep track and compares it to a purchase order.
- Goods dispatched note: it’s a document of the goods that are dispatched from a company and sent to the customer. This document helps keep track of the goods in case of theft or fraud.
- Invoice: This document is given to the customer after the company delivers the goods. This document contains the details of products received, unit price, subtotal, total.
- Receipt: It’s the document that confirms the payment of the purchases.
- Credit note: This document was given to a customer by company/seller when there’s extra payment done or some event that causes a customer to pay less.
- Debit note: This document is sent from customer to seller to request a credit note to an overpayment or return of goods.
- Account statement: the suppliers send an account statement to the credit purchaser every month.
There are many other sources of documents, but the above are important and majorly used.
How do these source documents help in business?
- They avoid any fraudulent activity in the accounting process
- They provide accurate information about every transaction made.
- They help keep records of goods and services that are sold and purchased.
- They help properly keep the accounts.
- They help the company’s auditor during the auditing process.
- They help keep a paper trail in case of any illegal matter or court case.
- They maintain a balance of trust between customers and suppliers.
- They help in income tax cases, if any.
ANALYSIS OF DATA :
This report examines the function of these source documents as a data source in qualitative research. It describes the nature and forms of source documents. The application of the source document theory study is illustrated. The analysis of this report is the process of systematically applying statistical and/or logical techniques to describe and illustrate, condense and recap, and evaluate data.
After collecting the data, it provides us with intimate knowledge of the source documents and its workings in business or organization.
After the analysis of this collected data from the exhibition of source documents, we can conclude that source documents are the backbone for the accounting process and financial analysis of the firm. The project covers all the important factors that played a role in source documents.
- To conclude, the findings of this report are proof of the necessary information about source documents.
- It also concludes that we can systematically maintain records of every transaction made in the business.
- Lastly, the visit to this exhibition has proven to be very informative regarding an important aspect of the business, which is not taken seriously.
This visit not only gave us an insight into the importance of source documents but also taught us a major aspect of the business world.
After discussing the project with my friends and family members, I received the feedback that the project highlights some of the key parts of the accounting process that are essential for any firm, large or small.
The report was well-cherished by my friends and family members.
Their opinions regarding the topic were as follows:
- My family thought that the exhibition was good but needed more information on accounting processes and not just source documents.
- My friends gave the opinion that the college should have such exhibitions more often as they are a great way of getting raw, detailed information about topics in general.
- My discussion with my teachers was a great insight into this report. They appreciated my efforts, and also gave me more information about the subject. They also made a request to the principal regarding more informative exhibitions.
My profound gratitude to all the faculty members of the Department, for their timely assistance and encouragement throughout my research work.
I duly acknowledge the encouragement and support from the research scholars in the department, and all my colleagues and friends.
It gives me immense pleasure to take the opportunity to all the people who are directly or indirectly involved in the completion of my project based on A report on an exhibition organized on all source documents in your college.
With deep reverence, I offer my deepest gratitude _____, without whom this project could not have been fulfilled.
Lastly, I thank Almighty, my parents, family members, friends, and teachers for their constant encouragement and support, without which this project would not be possible.
Name of School/College
BIBLIOGRAPHY / REFERENCE :