The ISO 9000 family of quality management systems standards is intended to assist organizations in making sure that they meet the requirements of shoppers and different stakeholders, whereas meeting statutory and restrictive requirements associated with a product or service. ISO 9000 deals with the basics of quality management systems, including the seven quality management principles that the family of standards relies on. ISO 9001 deals with the wants that organizations desire to fulfill the quality they should fulfill. we will talk about such Two Business Groups Who Have Secured I.S.O.9000
Third-party certification bodies offer freelance confirmation that organizations meet the wants of ISO 9001. Over 1,000,000 organizations worldwide are severally certified, creating ISO 9001 one in every of the foremost wide used management tools within the world these days. However, the ISO certification method has been criticized as being wasteful and not being helpful for all organizations.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
This project aims to gather information about any two business groups who have secured i.s.o.9000.
There are many objectives for this project. Major few objectives are given below.
- To understand what is ISO 9000
- To know the importance of ISO 9000
- To understand the quality management and quality standards of a company
- To know the degrees of standards in quality management
- To ascertain any doubt regarding the standard ISO 9000
METHOD AND METHODOLOGY:
The method used to gather the required information on the project is an internet survey method. The Internet has extensive information on this subject. It has a vast collection of data of I.S.O 9000. The survey has unveiled information about this topic, which has covered major few points which are listed below and explained in a detailed report of the project.
- What is ISO 9000
- Principles of ISO 9000
- Two companies and their ISO 9000 certification
- Advantages and disadvantages of ISO 9000
DETAIL REPORT OF PROJECT:
What is ISO 9000:
Quality is some things each company strives for and usually times very troublesome to attain. Complications regarding potency and quality gift themselves every day in business, whether or not a crucial document can’t be found or a shopper finds a product not up to their expectations. However, will an organization increase the standard of its merchandise and services? The solution is ISO 9000.
As standards go, ISO 9000 is one among the foremost well known within the world. ISO 9000 could be quality management normal that presents pointers meant to extend business potency and client satisfaction. The goal of ISO 9000 is to introduce a high-quality management system at intervals a company, increasing productivity, reducing excess prices, and making a certain quality of processes and merchandise.
ISO 9001 applies to businesses and organizations from each sector. The method destined approach makes the quality applicable to service organizations also. Its general pointers afford the flexibility required for today’s various business world.
Principles of ISO 9000:
The ISO 9000 series is supported by seven quality management principles (QMP). The seven quality management principles are:
QMP 1 – client focus
QMP 2 – Leadership
QMP 3 – Engagement of individuals
QMP 4 – method approach
QMP 5 – Improvement
QMP 6 – Evidence-based deciding
QMP 7 – Relationship management
Principle one – client focus
Organizations depend upon their clients and thus ought to perceive current and future customer desires, ought to meet client necessities, and attempt to exceed client expectations.
Principle two – Leadership
Leaders establish unity of purpose and direction of the company. They must produce and maintain the inner atmosphere within which folks will become concerned in achieving the organization’s objectives.
Principle three – Engagement of individuals
People the least bit levels are the essence of a corporation, and their full involvement allows their talents to be used for the organization’s profit.
Principle four – method approach
The desired result’s achieved a lot of expeditiously once activities and connected resources are managed as a method.
Principle five – Improvement
Improvement of the organization’s overall performance ought to be a permanent objective of the organization.
Principle six – Evidence-based deciding
Effective choices have supported the analysis of information and knowledge.
Principle seven – Relationship management
An organization and its external suppliers (suppliers, contractors, service providers) are mutually beneficial, and a mutualist relationship enhances the power of each to fort worth.
Two companies which are ISO 9000 certified:
TPL awarded ISO 9001: 2000 certificate
Tata projects obtained thus 9001:2000 version certification from RWTUV, Germany, valid up to March 2006. Anil Rairikar, corporate executive of TUV India, Mumbai handed the certificate to K.P.Singh, administrator of Tata comes on July 10, 2003, at Hyderabad.
Tata Projects are an engineering, acquisition, and construction contracting company with four SBUs, specifically power generation, power transmission and distribution, infrastructure projects, and third-party examination and expediting services.
The company has been certified for ISO 9001 since 1996. The corporate obtained ISO 9001 certification for third-party examination and expediting services in 1996 and extended it to its total operations in 2000. It conjointly brought the ‘Project Accounting’ operate underneath ISO 9001 recently. Tata projects have conjointly initiated the implementation of the environmental management system, ISO 14000 and activity health and safety assessment series, OHSAS 18000, and coming up with for these certifications throughout 2003-04.
The company signed the BE-BP agreement in December 2003. The certifications of ISO 9001, 14001, and OHSAS 18001 can guarantee basic systems of the corporate, as well as safety and quality, are in place and facilitate during a continual improvement resulting in business excellence.
2. MARUTI SUZUKI:
The Company was awarded ISO/IEC 27001:2005 certification by STQC Directorate(Standardisation Testing and Quality Certificate) Ministry of Communications and Information Technology Government of India once re-assessment. In 2015 the certification was upgraded to 27001:2013.
The Company has established and is maintaining a surroundings management system. During the year, re-certification for ISO- 14001 was allotted by M/s AVI Belgium for manufacturing plants settled at Gurgaon Manesar and R&D Centre in Rohtak. The auditors suggested a continuance of ISO-14001 for all producing facilities.
Re-assessment of the standard systems is finished at regular intervals Andre-certification assessments are done each three years by a licensed third-party agency. The corporate has an inside assessment mechanism to verify and guarantee adherence to defined quality systems across the corporate.
Advantages and Disadvantages:
- Increased client satisfaction—Since the ISO 9000 certification method nearly inevitably uncovers areas during which final product quality may be improved, such efforts usually evoke higher levels of client satisfaction. Additionally, by seeking and securing ISO 9000 certification, firms will offer their purchasers the chance to tout their suppliers’ dedication to quality in their business dealings.
- Improved internal communication—The ISO 9000 certification process’s stress on self-analysis and operations management problems encourages varied internal areas or departments of firms to move with each other in hopes of gaining a complete additional understanding of the wants and wishes of their internal customers.
- Improved client service—The method of securing ISO 9000 registration usually serves to refocus company priorities on pleasing their customers altogether respects, as well as client service areas. It conjointly helps heighten awareness of quality problems among staff.
- Reduction of product-liability risks—Many business consultants contend that firms that succeed ISO 9000 certification are less seemingly to be hit with product liability lawsuits, etc., due to the standard of their processes.
- Attractiveness to investors—Business consultants and tiny business house owners alike agree that ISO-9000 certification may be a potent tool in securing funding from working capital corporations.
- Owners and managers don’t have an adequate understanding of the ISO 9000 certification method or the standard standards themselves—Some business house owners are not able to direct their company’s resources toward ISO 9000 registration, solely to seek out that their incomplete understanding of the method and its needs ends up in wasted time and energy.
- Funding for establishing the standard system is inadequate—Critics of ISO 9000 contend that achieving certification is often a pricey method, particularly for smaller corporations. Indeed, in line with a 1996 Quality Systems Update survey, the typical value of ISO certification for little corporations (those registering but $11 million in annual sales) was $71,000.
- Length of the method—Business executives and house owners at home with the ISO 9000 registration method warn that it’s a process that takes several months to finish. The 1996 Quality Systems Update survey indicated that it took businesses a mean of fifteen months to maneuver from the first stages of the method to the passage of the ultimate audit, which processes of 18-20 months or maybe longer weren’t that uncommon.
ANALYSIS OF DATA:
ISO 9000 may be a normal created to form the attainment of quality, consistent product easier by providing specific steps for the development of the associated organization’s quality management system. This quality management system is supposed to watch the progress of a product or service because it goes through every stage of production, from development to testing to assembly to client feedback.
One cornerstone of ISO 9000 is a continual improvement. No company ought to ever be glad about the conditions of a method at the given moment; they ought to invariably be searching for ways in which to form these processes additional economical and effective. ISO 9000 was written with the business world’s unquenchable want for excellence in mind. This is often why continual improvement may be a demand for the quality – to inspire progress and, therefore, the pursuit of perfection.
ISO 9000 is an internationally recognized normal, which could seem intimidating for a few smaller businesses. However, are they getting to implement an equivalent normal adopted by multi-national corporations? Quite simply, actually. ISO 9000 may be a versatile normal that lays down necessities for a company to follow; however, it permits the organization to satisfy these necessities any approach they select. This will increase ISO 9000’s scope of effectiveness, permitting a good vary of firms to make quality management systems that match their desires.
To conclude my findings,
The importance of ISO 9000 is the significance of quality. Several firms supply product and services; however, it’s those firms who place out the most effective product and services with an efficiency that succeed. With ISO 9000, a corporation will determine the foundation of the matter and thus realize an answer. By rising potency, profit is maximized.
As a wide variety of firms implement the ISO 9000 standards, an offer chain with integrity is formed. Every company that participates within the method of developing, producing, and promoting a product is aware that it’s a part of an internationally famous, reliable system.
Not solely do businesses acknowledge the importance of the ISO 9000; however, conjointly, the client realizes the importance of quality. And since the patron is most significant to a corporation, ISO 9000 makes the client its focus.
The discussion with my supervisor has revealed:
ISO 9000 is ready up as a group of pointers that facilitate a corporation to establish, maintain, and improve a top quality management system. It’s necessary to fret that ISO 9000 isn’t a rigid set of needs, which organizations have flexibility in; however, they implement their quality management system. This freedom permits the ISO 9000 normal to be employed in a good vary of organizations and businesses giant and tiny.
There are a few opinions and suggestions by family and friends whom I discussed my project findings with; they are given below:
- Quality management is a must; hence, ISO certification is a must.
- Companies should be more focused on becoming ISO certified.
- There should be a proper awareness spread about the ISO standards.
- The youth should know about the current ISO standards.
My profound gratitude to all the faculty members of the Department, for their timely assistance and encouragement throughout my research work.
I duly acknowledge the encouragement and support from the research scholars in the department, and all my colleagues and friends.
It gives me immense pleasure to take the opportunity to all the people who are directly or indirectly involved in the completion of my project based on Information Of Any Two Business Groups Who Have Secured I.S.O.9000
With deep reverence, I offer my deepest gratitude _____, without whom this project could not have been fulfilled.
Lastly, I thank Almighty, my parents, family members, friends, and teachers for their constant encouragement and support without which this project would not be possible.
Name of School/College
BIBLIOGRAPHY / REFERENCE: