- 1 MARKETING MANAGEMENT
- 2 Marketing and its Features
- 3 THE MARKETING MIX:
- 4 INTRODUCTION
- 5 REASON FOR SELECTING THIS PRODUCT
- 6 COMPETITORS
- 7 FEATURES:
- 8 PACKAGING
- 9 CHANNELS OF DISTRIBUTION
- 10 PROMOTION:
- 11 OBSERVATION AND FINDINGS
- 12 CONCLUSION
Meaning: Marketing Management refers to the management of all the activities related to the market. Traditionally there was a difference between selling marketing, but modern age is the age of globalization where consumers play a very important role, and marketing strategies also have become very important.
(*) “The art and science of choosing the target market and getting, helping and growing customers through creating delivering and communicating superior customer values of management.” If we break up this definition, we can say the marketing management involves the following activities.
- Choosing a target market: The activities of marketing management begins by finalizing the target market. E.g., the target market for medicine manufacturers, is a hospital, doctors, chemist shops, etc.
- Growing customers in the target market: After choosing a target market, the next step is to take steps to increase the number of customers by analyzing the needs, wants, and demands of customers.
- Creating superior value: The next step in the marketing management process is to create some special value in the products to make your product better than competitor products. Special values can be added by offering various items, for example, giving free insurance with a car.
Marketing and its Features
Marketing: Marketing is a social process by which individuals and groups obtain what they need and want through creating, offering, and freely exchanging products and services of value with others.
The marketers work hard to discovers the needs and want of customers and try to develop the market are carried out with that main motive of satisfying need and wants of customers and organization.
NEED AND WANTS: The focus of marketing is the need and wants of customers. All the activities in the market are carried out with the main motive of satisfying need and want of customers and organizations.
CREATING A MARKETING OFFERING: Marketing offering means offering a product or services by specifying its features, shape, size, color, etc. for example, offer is then specifying the various sizes in which it is available, various technologies used, various shapes, prices of a different type, etc.
CUSTOMER VALUE: The customer is ready to give a price for the product only when he gets satisfactions or only when the product is offering utilities matching to the price. The customer assists value the product so that the customer prefers your product over the competitors.
EXCHANGE MECHANISM: The process of marketing involves the exchange of products and services for money and money’s worth. In exchange, customers pay money, and in return, they take products or services which satisfy their needs and wants. Exchange can take place directly between manufacturers and customers or through a middleman. It is the essence of marketing. Preconditions of exchange mechanism or pillars of marketing are:
- Presence of at least two parties.
- Both parties must have something viewed valuable by each other.
- Both parties are free to accept or reject the offer.
- Each party feels desirable to deal with the other and.
- Each party is capable of communication and delivery.
THE MARKETING MIX:
Meaning: The marketing mix refers to the ingredients or the tests or the variables which the marketing mix in order to interact with a particular market.
The marketing mix of marketing is the essence of any marketing endeavor. It is the main building block of the market.
- Product mix
- Factors determining the price.
- Channels of distribution
- Channel levels
- Factors of determining whole channels
- Decisions of physical distribution.
- Sales promotion
- Personal selling
- Public relations
Noodles are the staple food in many cultures made from unleavened dough, which is stretched. Introduced or settled flat and cut into one of the varieties of shapes. While long, their stripes may be the most common, many varieties of noodles are cut into waves, helices, tubes, strings or shell, or folded over, or cut into other shapes.
Noodles are usually cooked in boiling water, sometimes with cooking oil or salt added. They are often pan-fried or deep-fried. Noodles are often served with an accompanying sauce or in a soup. Noodles can be refrigerated for short term storage, is dried and stored for future use. The material composition of garniture origin must be specified when discussing noodles. The word derives from the German word “Nuded.”
The origin of noodles has been disputed claims have been made that the noodles were a Chinese, Dubaian, and Mediterranean origins. A Nature article claimed the oldest evidence of noodle consumption was from 4,000 years ago in China.
REASON FOR SELECTING THIS PRODUCT
It’s no selects a lot of us love eating instant noodles. Some people call them two-minute noodles, another ramen, instant ramen.
It was the handiest and easiest option, which I relish all the time.
Here are some reasons why I selected noodles as my product:
- It is easily available in the market.
- It is easy to make while making you feel like you are one of the great chefs.
- That too over cheap.
- Target population mostly kids and teenagers who are already found of diverse, especially noodles.
- The best meal around 2 in the morning, especially when you are watching a movie.
- Moreover, it gives you the feeling you had something.
- Nobody feels you are misbehaving, or you don’t have manners even if lick the plate for the left sauce on the plate after finishing the noodles.
“Me and meri Maggie” [TAGLINE]
Maggi is the product of Nestle India. It is a top brand noodle in India. Maggi noodles have become one of the best brands with an amazing taste for the Indian people. Maggi was the pioneer of Indian noodles in India. Maggi has almost given a high amount of profit to the nestle company because this product still managed to gain the same space in almost every Indian kitchen. Maggi noodles are also known to be the fastest cooked tasty meal in an Indian household. The downside of this product contains much higher levels of Monosodium Glutamate (MSG), which is unsafe and hazardous for human consumption. Maggi is playing am amazing role with its amazing taste. People in India are demanding for Maggi noodles because it is the one and only taste of 90% of people in India. Maggi noodle has made the topmost place in the top noodles brand in India. Still, no brand of noodle has become popular like Maggi noodle in India.
In June 2016, tests in India funded a high amount of lead in Maggi noodles. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India ordered a national recall for all variants of Maggi Instant Noodles and Oats Masala Noodles.
Maggi Tagline: “TASTE BHI HEALTH BHI”
“GOOD FOOD, GOOD LIFE”
“ME AND MERI MAGGI”
Unique Selling Proposition: Maggi can be cooked and prepared in 2 minutes
“The better noodles,
Spread the smile.”
Yippe is the second popular noodle brand in India, which has been produced by Sunfeast Yippee made its way into the Indian market in the first decade only. People started loving it. Yippe is also having a tough competition among each other and also became a competitor of Maggi. Yippee noodles are available in five different variants, classic, masala, Maggi masala, Chinese masala, tricolor pasta, tricolor pasta, and masala scurvy corn. Yippee is also playing such a great role in India. Children are now becoming a lover of Yippee. They want to take it every day by ignoring their side effects. Yippee has also made it high craze in India and giving a profit to the Sunfeast company by becoming a second-best choice in noodles for the Indian people as well as outside win the country,
Yippie Noodles tagline: “THE BETTER NOODLES, SPREAD THE SMILE.”
Unique Selling Proposition: Instant noodles with different tastes.
“Oodles of noodles, Super noodles.”
Top Ramen by Nissan is another leading noodle brand in India. Nissan is a Japanese company that introduced its first noodles is in 1958 lead centered into the Indian market in 1988. It is also playing a very great role in India love to have top Ramen taste. Nissan company is also gaining a lot of profit by providing noodles brand in India. Different variants of top Ramen noodles in India include Atta noodles, curry noodles, curry veg noodles, and super noodles. Patanjali company is also started producing oats Patanjali Top Ramon and also gaining the best amount of profit.
Tagline: “OODLES OF NOODLES, SUPER NOODLES”
Unique Selling proposition: Vitamin plus energy healthy noodles.
“Ready to cook, ready to serve.”
It is a different product from Horlicks that targets health-conscious people. Fully loaded with a multi-grain such as wheat, corn, ragi, high sources of protein, carbohydrate, and vitamins. Horlicks Foodles is the best evening meat for growing children. Also, it tastes maker has a unique taste and when compared to the leading brand such as Yippee and Maggi
Tagline: “READY TO COOK, READY TO SERVE.”
“NOODLES WITHOUT THE NO.”
USP: FOODIES IS THE HEALTH MAKER.”
Swot Analysis: FOODIES DECODED
Permission and Licensing For Manufacturing noodles
This is a food product item. And the business demands specific licensing before commencing the manufacturing operation.
Here are some basic requirements:
- First of all, register your business with Roc. Choose your organization firm carefully.
- Obtain Trade License from the local authority.
- In addition, Apply for Udyog Aadhar MSME online registration.
- Apply for VAT Registration.
- Additionally, you will need to apply for an FSSAI license.
- Furthermore, obtain BIS Certificate. It is mandatory.
- Compliance with PFA Act and GMP are mandatory.
- Register your brand name with a trademark.
- Furthermore, go for ISO 9001 certificate to generate the trust of the consumers.
- This type of manufacturing operation doesn’t demand Pollution control NOC, however, check with a local officials. Additionally, you must make the good height of the roof of your workshop.
And arrange to entrust fans to maintain a comfortable entry inside the factory premises.
i). Front Side
U.S.P: “Feel the Goodness of 100% natural Indian flavors”.
ii). Back Side
Our commitment is GOODNESS. You can always trust.
WITH QUALITY INGREDIENTS
- Our choicest roasted spices
- Our world-class noodles technology
- Our commitment to quality.
|NUTRITION PER INFORMATION 100G||PER SERVE|
|Energy (kcal) 43||289|
|Protein (g) 9.2||6.4|
|Carbohydrate (g) 61.1||42.8|
|– Sugar 1.4||10|
|Calcium (mg) 191.5||13.4.8|
|Sodium (mg) 185.5||94.9|
Lic No. 1001201000168
B 901058 842712
Net Weight: 70g
100% Veg Other
Horlicks Food India Ltd, per 100% (MEH) RULES 90017-16/2847
These features give important benefits in the quality of noodles such as:
- Enhanced noodles elasticity
- Smooth mouth food.
- Brand taste
- Lighter color & Shiny surface
- Improved dough handling
- Shorter cooking time
- Transparent Appearance
- Unique texture.
- Easy to make food.
- Easily available.
- No harmful ingredients.
- Xtra long noodles.
- Rule Indian masala taste.
“Fast to cook; Good to eat.”
My Product Range
POWER 2-Minute Noodles
Price: ₹ 12
Power is the most-loved meal across all age groups and defines the instant noodles category.
So. Buy your favorite Power Masala noodles in the size of your choice.
POWER OATS Noodles
PRICE: ₹ 10
POWER OATS NOODLES – Exciting, Delicious noodles made with whole grains oats that offer;
- GebreJebre of 1 bowl oats.
- Real vegetable and your favorite masala flavor.
POWER VEG-ATTA NOODLES
Price: ₹ 215
Your favorite Atta noodles are back.
Power Veg Noodles brings you the goodness of real vegetable and wheat grain, which is a source of fiber. Each delicious serve of Power Veg Atta Noodles provides you dietary fiber equal to 3 rotis. So, go on & enjoy the taste of your favorite Power Veg Atta Noodles.
POWER CUP NOODLES
PRICE: ₹ 25
Power cups are back! All is set to be your perfect travel partner. The best option to have the great Power taste on the go whenever you want and wherever you are.
The packaging is the basic activity of every company. It can be defined as;
“It is an act of task or activities which are concerned with the designing, production of appropriate wafers, which aims a log for the product.”
Levels of Packaging:
- PRIMARY PACKAGING:
It refers to the immediate packaging of the product. It remains with the product till it is used, e.g. tube of paste, matchbox, etc.
- SECONDARY PACKAGING:
These are additional packaging which gives more protection. Generally, consumers throw that when they start using the product.
E.g., cardboard for used to help toothpaste. People throw the ban when they start using a paste,
12 PACKETS IN A BOX
- Transportation Packaging
It refers to packaging for storing or transportation of the goods
In the case of my product. I will prefer to pack my noodles packets in a caryatid box used to shift shuffle the goods.
This packaging will give protection to my goods, is easy to handle or carry, and will keep my goods clean and hygienic.
- What means of transport will use, and why?
In the case of my product, I will use a truck for carrying my product from shop to shop. I will use this transport because transport can easily store the product (my power noodles) in bulk. So, there will be no wastage of time for carrying this product.
This transportation gives protection to goods so that there will be no damage that will occur.
This transport is more convenient to store and convenient to shift from one place to another.
For example; In the case of my product “Power Noodles,” it has made it very convenient for middlemen to transport it, supply it and store it.
Physical distribution is concerned with the decision that needs to be taken in order to make the product available. If the products are not made available to the customer at the right place at the right time, then the customer could not be able to buy them. Place element is a process by which the goods are transferred from the place of promotion to the place of consumption.
There are two decisions: –
- Regarding the physical movement of goods from producers to the consumer.
- Regarding the channels or using intermediate in the distribution process.
CHANNELS OF DISTRIBUTION
Direct Channel: Zero Level Channel:
It is a case when a firm sells its product directly to customers without wasting any intermediary, for example, Data, sell their shoes directly, sell through mail order, Internet, Eureka Forbes sells all its water purifier directly without any intermediary, etc.
Manufacturer -> Customer
e.g., Eureka Forbes, Bata, etc.
- One level Channel: In this one, the intermediary is adopted.
Manufacturer -> Retailer -> Customer
- Two-level channels: This is me most commonly used distribution path where two intermediaries are adopted to sell the product.
Manufacturer -> Wholesaler > Retailer -> Customer
- Three-level channels: In this path more, middlemen are adopted, so that are three intermediaries involved.
Manufacturer -> Agent -> Wholesaler -> Retailer -> Customer Distribution
Our Product Channel:
Manufacturer -> Wholesaler -> Retailer -> Customer
This is the most commonly used distribution path where two intermediaries are adopted by firms to sell the products, i.e. the wholesaler and retailer. The manufacturer sells the goods in bulk to a wholesaler who sells in the small lot to retailers who supply it to ultimate customers. Generally, available goods such as soaps, surf, etc. are sold through this path.
- It is very convenient to distribute goods from this channel.
- This level enables to cover large market owner.
Promotion refers to the use of communication with the twin objective of informing potential customers about a product and persuading them to buy it.
Promotion mix refers to a combination of promotional tools used by an organization’s objective. Various tools of communication are used by marketers to infuse and persuade customer about their firm:
- PERSONAL SELLING
- SALE PROMOTION
Various Promotional Schemes:
- Lucky Draw
- Quantity Gift
- Usable Benefits
- Full Fanam @0%
- Instant Draws
- Assign Gift.
Schemes ADOPTED FOR PROMOTION FOR OUR PRODUCT
Customer: Free Gifts
Promotion of our product:
PROMOTION TOOLS CHOSEN: ADVERTISING
- It has mass reach
- It enhances customer satisfaction and confidence
- It is an economical mode of communication
- Because of its wide reach, the overall costs of advertising spreads over consumers’ communication with established. As a result, the per-unit cost of reach comes Low.
OBSERVATION AND FINDINGS
It is observed that all categories of the samples viz. Students, teachers, and parents have significantly liked the product. They have also liked the brand name, packaging, and labeling
Marketing management is planning, organizing, directing, and controlling activities, stricter to the marketing of goods and services to satisfy the consumer needs and activities.
Marketing management is an important area of business that generates revenue for the sake of goods and services through the consumer. It is responsible for taking a decision in the area’s product price place and promotion, keeping price, and place in view the requirements of the business.