The Jaypee Group is an Indian conglomerate based in Noida, India. It was founded by Jaiprakash Gaur which is involved in well diversified infrastructure conglomerate with business interests in Engineering & Construction, Power, Cement, Real Estate, Hospitality, Expressways, Sports & Education (not-for-profit). Jaiprakash Gaur, Founder Chairman of Jaiprakash Associates Limited after acquiring a Diploma in Civil Engineering in 1950 from the University of Roorkee (now Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee), had a stint with Govt. of U.P. and branched off on his own, to start as a civil contractor in 1958, group is the 3rd largest cement producer in the country. The groups cement facilities are located today all over India in 10 states, with 18 plants having an aggregate cement production capacity of 24 Million Tonnes and same is poised to become 36 Million Tonnes before October 2011.
Historical Milestones Of Jaypee Group
- Year 1957Completed first work as contractor in Kota (India).
- Year 1979Jaiprakash Associates Private Ltd. ( JAPL)
- Year 1983Establishment of Jaypee Rewa Cement Plant (JRCL) with an initialcapacity of 1 million tones.
- Year 1980Hotels Siddharth and Vasant Continental set up.
- Year 1986Formation of Jaiprakash Industries Limited ( JIL) by amalgamating JAPL into JRCL.
- Year 1992Formation of Jaiprakash Hydro Power Ltd.(JHPL) and Jaiprakash Power Venture Ltd. (JPVL)
- Year 1996Establishment of Jaypee Bela Cement Plant (JBCP) with an initial capacityof 1.9 million tonnes.
- Year 2000Formation of Jaypee Cement Ltd. (JCL) by merging JRCL and JBCP.
- Year 2003Formation of Jaiprakash Associates Ltd. ( JAL) formed by merging JIL with JCL.
- Year 2005 Shares of JHPL listed on BSE/NSE. First Hydropower company to be publicly held and listed in the country.
- Year 2006 Merger of Jaypee Greens with Jaiprakash Associates Ltd. ( JAL)
Title – Summer Training Project Report On Market Share And Price Strategy Of Jaypee Cement In Lucknow
Author -Himanshu Shukla
College – U.p Technical University Lucknow
In order to download the PDF, You must follow on Zomato. Once done, Click on SubmitFollow On Zomato
Subscribed? Click on Confirm